Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 12, May 19, 2011: Last Full Day in Chile

Today started off nice and late, when all of us headed to catch the city bus to the university at 12:00 PM.  We started off with a bit of an info session on what kind of classes the university offers and how they would be able to fit into a study abroad program for us.  Then an exchange student from Belgium spoke to us about her experience studying there: things she liked, things she found different, etc.  She was very informative.  After that we headed to lunch, again at the university cafeteria.  I suppose it wasn't awful, but it wasn't great either.  Then we went off to go play some soccer with some of the Chilean students.  It was quite an entertaining game, mostly Chileans versus mostly Americans.  The Chileans are without a doubt good, but I think that we Americans held our own quite well.  Yet, the Chileans did end up beating us as they really picked it up toward the end of the game.  Afterwards, some of the students stay to play basketball, while the rest of us returned back to the hotel.  I took the time to begin packing up all of my stuff, it was rather bitter sweet.  I don't want to leave but at the same time I miss everyone back home.  Around 8 we are going to head out for pizza with the Chileans before we break into the plans for our last night in Chile.  The trip is coming to close, and I hate to go, I've definitely been having the time of my life.

1 Comments:

At May 20, 2011 at 5:48 AM , Blogger FranklinMOW said...

What an experience for the whole group! We miss you back home as well and look forward to seeing you tomorrow and hearing all about your time in Chile. Safe travels!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home