Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 7, May 15, 2011: Free day.

Today was our first free day of the free weekend.  I was fairly tired after the late night at the discoteca, so I ended up sleeping in until around 11:00.  After getting out of bed and showering, I had a fairly low key afternoon.  A lot of us just hung out at the hotel, I posted some pictures on Facebook and tagged the people in the photos. Although I was fairly hungry, I waited to get lunch with some of the others from the group.  Finally around 2:30 or so, we headed off to lunch.  We got lunch at a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant, and it was surprisingly good, probably one of the best meals I have had so far.  The best part was it wasn't too expensive either.  After lunch we again relaxed for a few hours before heading to the local soccer game.  The game wasn't bad, but I feel it could have been a bit more fast paced.  It ended in a tie of two to two, so that was a bit of a disappointment, anti-climactic in a way.  On top of that, it was a bit cold, and sitting on the concrete stands in the weather was pretty much freezing.  After the game we returned to the hotel, and made some plans for the night.  A bunch of us decided to head to get some drinks, and a smaller bunch of us went to another discoteca after.  The night wasn't lacking the least in fun and memorable moments.  I'm glad I've met and gotten to know everyone here, and I hope that we all stay in touch after returning to the states.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home