Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 10, May 17, 2011: SPA Day

Today we spent the day at a place called SPA.  It was a resort of types, with lots of pools, and various other outdoor activities.  The first thing we did when we got there was play a game of soccer.  Some of the Chilean students played with us and we divided into two teams.  We all had a good time, and I think a lot of us realized why we don't play soccer.  Sadly my team lost, but I had fun playing nonetheless.  After we just hung out for a bit until it was time for lunch.  Lunch was buffet style with tons of food.  There was plenty to choose from, and a lot of it was quite good.  Although, some of it was a little out of the ordinary.  For example, they had blood sausage, which in my opinion is gross, but I guess some people like it.  I didn't dare to try it, as just the idea of it freaked me out.  After lunch we spent the afternoon just lounging in the sun, as the day was actually quite nice, and warm compared to most of the days we've had so far.  I think I managed to get a little bit of sun, so hopefully I won't look oddly pale when I return back home.  After we left the SPA, we headed back to the hotel for a bit of downtime before going to a barbecue we were invited to at Werner's, one of the professors, house.  There were nearly all of the Chilean students we had met at the barbecue, and the food was absolutely delicious.  We had a fun and easy going time, chatting and hanging out, and even did a little bit of dancing.  All in all, a great evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home